An injury or illness can lead to muscular atrophy and make it hard for muscles to contract. Inducing movement in an affected muscle can assist in the recovery process. Chiropractic Muscle Stimulation (E-Stim) is a therapy that causes muscles to contract and may reduce your discomfort during rehabilitation. Our chiropractic physicians offer E-Stim and other non-invasive treatments to encourage the healing process. Learn about the benefits of E-Stim today.
Chiropractic Muscle Stimulation or E-Stim is a specialized medical treatment that uses electric currents to induce muscle contraction. It is non-invasive and clients may lay down while undergoing the therapy. Patients do not experience pain from the therapy. In fact, many find a session an enjoyable experience.
You may benefit from including E-Stim as part of an individualized treatment program. As a non-invasive therapy, E-Stim has shown to be an effective treatment for many. A care plan including this therapy offers significant benefits like:
- Improving blood flow to an area of injury, promoting the healing process in affected areas.
- Increasing muscle tone and muscle strength in weakened muscles.
- Strengthening the link between muscle movement and your brain, making it easier to move from easier exercises to more complex tasks.
- Preventing or slowing muscle atrophy, or a decrease of muscle mass.
- Encouraging relaxation, as the therapy releases tension in muscles, and encourages endorphin production.
Individuals who have chronic conditions, such as Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and athletes who are looking to enhance their performance can both benefit from E-Stim. Those with MS can experience a reduction in muscle tension and discomfort after a session, making movement easier. Athletes can use E-Stim to reduce swelling and soreness after a workout. It can also be used to decrease muscle stiffness as part of injury prevention. Speak with Dr. Smith today to explore your treatment options.